Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Better Choices

Well week one has been a success! Down 6 pounds this week! Its definitely a good start to a long journey! Of course, I know that the hard part is yet to come! The first couple weeks should be the easiest.  From here on out I am looking to lose 2 pounds a week. 
I have had some challenges so far, but have held pretty strong.  I am just focusing on making better decisions than I did before.  For instance yesterday.... I had to take my Granny to her doctor appointments and normally I would have made that an excuse for not working out, but managed to get to the gym for 20 minutes of elliptical before getting ready to go.  Then we ate at Red Lobster for lunch and normally I could eat like 4-5 of those cheddar bay bisquits!!! But, I only had 2 and had flounder so I kept within my range.  Then we had my brother's birthday party at Applebees and I made better choices than normal there too! Still had some fries and then a couple bites of the kids cake they ordered.  (The Triple Chocolate Meltdown..... OMG.... that may be the best dessert I have ever tasted and I wanted to lick the plate clean but luckily Brian and Kate were good enough to talk me down and give the plate to the waitress!! haha)  So..... they were for sure better choices than I would have made 2 weeks ago and I still stayed within my calorie range for the day! So I considered it a success! I also looked up what I normally would have had on a day like that...... around 1500 calories at each setting!! No wonder I have this extra weight!! :)
Looking forward to this week and whats to come in the future! I know that when I am getting up and exercising and when I am eating better, everything feels better! I have more energy to get the things done that I need to in order to keep my life in good balance!

"To keep the body in good health is a duty... otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear."   Buddha

1 comment:

  1. Found you because of Jessica. I'm on this journey, too. Wishing you the best! :)

    ReplyDelete