Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What's going on Between your Ears??

Down 1.5 pounds this week for a total of 10 pounds in 4 weeks!! Very happy with the progress that I am making! The gym is becoming a habit and I dont even think about it anymore.  It used to be a question in my head at night or in the morning.... I would try to figure out if I really had time for it and just make excuse after excuse..... but now its just part of the routine! I know that I have to get to the gym and do something for at least 30 minutes to meet my daily goals! So much of losing weight or reaching any goal is what goes on between your ears!! Am I telling myself its going to be a great day at the gym or am I looking for an excuse not to go??
I am also taking my weigh in day on Tuesdays and making it like my "cheat" day.  I am allowing myself to eat something that I normally wouldnt have throughout the week... so I feel like I am being rewarded every Tuesday for the progress!
I did slack a little this week on recording every thing that went into my mouth!! So this week I will do better on that!!

"To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him. " Buddha

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your steady progress! Daily exercise seems to be my downfall. My son's cross country coach in high school used to tell them, "Half the battle is just putting on your running shoes." I seem to find myself using the winter weather as an excuse to put off daily walking, but really I have exercise dvd's under my tv that would be a great substitute...ha Thanks for the quote from Buddha; they are always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete